1. Certain nations in the Middle East, South Asia and East Asia passport holders or UK travel document from the nation namely,
Afghanistan, Algerian, Bangladesh, Cameroon,Central African Republic, China, Democratic republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Ghana, Guinea, India, Iraq, Iran, Liberia, North Korea, Lebanon, Libya, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palestine, Sao Tome and Principe, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen
2. British or Irish who are applying for a Non Immigrant Type O-A or Non Immigrant 3 years business visa are required to submit application in PERSON only.
Anyone else who lives in the UK or Ireland can submit visa application BY POST (This takes 2 working days by special delivery post) for a Tourist Visa or Non Immigrant Visa. Please kindly see how to apply by post here.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS for Certain nations in the Middle East, South Asia and East Asia passport or UK travel document for mentioned nations. Applicants must obtain a residence in the United Kingdom or Ireland.
You are required:
- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months.
- Three (3) visa application forms completely filled out (4 applications for Iranian).
- Three (3) recent H 45mm x W 35 mm photos of the applicant (4 photos for Iranian).
- A confirmed return air ticket / flight information (These can be flight details shown departure date, flight number from UK toThailand and Thailand to UK.) You must show all routes if there are stops in between. We will not consider your application if you do not have a return flight details.
- Address in Thailand/Hotel Reservation should be completed on the application forms.
- Letter from school/employer/self-assessment.
*If you are working, you are required to submit a letter from your employer. The letter should have the headed paper of the company stating your current position addressed to the Royal Thai Embassy, London to certify your working status. If you are self-employed, you should submit a copy of your self-assessment paper, a copy of company registration document or any other type of document confirming your working status.
*If you are a student, you should submit the letter from the school/University addressed to the Royal Thai Embassy confirming your status.
- Bank statement in UK current account (3 months).
- A photo copy of current passport / travel document.
- A photo copy of UK visa or indefinite leave to remain (prove with original)
In addition, the applicant needs to provide the following:
- For working or business purposes: Letter from employer/company in Thailand
- For studying or educational purposes: Letter of acceptance from educational institute in Thailand as an example
- Further information for Non Immigrant Visa, please kindly see more
Please note: We will keep all supporting documents, if you wish to have your documents back, please photocopy before submitting.
The visa fee is £25 for Tourist Visa (Single Entry) or £50 for Non Immigrant Visa (Single Entry). We do not have authority to issue multiple entries for the mentioned nationalities.
When submitting your application
1. The Embassy is open for Visa application from Monday - Friday from 0900 - 1200 hours, the last appointment ticket is issued at 1200 hours, excluding Embassy's public holiday. No appointment is required. It takes 1 working day to process the visa.
Make sure you have completed an application form before coming to the embassy. (You may need 3 forms for some nationalities or O-A long stay type). However, you are advised to apply for the visa by post (It takes about 3-5 working days).
** Please note that we only accept cash, make sure you have it before coming to the Embassy.
** Please photocopy of all documents required.
** The officer has the right to deny to accept your application if the applicants are not ready to hand in the document and will consider only when the applicants obtain completed application forms, 2 photos, passport and the fee (supporting document and photocopies) ready to hand to the officer.
**Once your applications have been handed to the officer, you will be asked to wait for the receipt which normally take not more than 30 minutes. The receipt is required to collect the visa in the following working day between 1100 - 1200 hours at the counter NO. 3. NO TICKET NEEDED.
For example, if you apply for the visa on Monday, you will be collecting the visa on Tuesday at 1100 hours. Or if you apply for the visa on Friday, you will be collecting the visa on Monday (please check the Embassy's holidays beforehand).